Our dirt bikes bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right, they're better than yours.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Dave = slightly less wrong than usually I give him credit for

Chris always gets to writing about what we've been doing before me, so I'm desperately looking for reasons to post. So desperate, in fact, that I'm going to admit something terrible: I like Paris. A lot.

Now, I'm not necessarily saying I like it better than London. Even if every Londoner in the city came up to me and punched me in the face before robbing me, I probably wouldn't admit that. But I have to say, Paris does have things going for it that London doesn't. I can definitely appreciate why people like it so much--it just feels more cultured, and "continental," in a way, than anywhere else I've ever been. It's like Italy, only with less sleazy men (or less overtly sleazy men).

I guess I just appreciate London more because I understand it better, which is a dumb reason to appreciate a city, in a way. Anyway, we have to go check on our laundry, but I just wanted to half-heartedly apologize to Dave for arguing with him all those endless months without really remembering anything about Paris, which I last visited when I was twelve.

But it's still no London.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dave (Berry) said...

Just make sure that, before you leave, you stop at a freakin' bakery (or, as they say in France, boulangerie) and pick up a piece of flan, specifically flan nature, with an accent on one of the vowels in nature. It tastes like they boiled God then used the juice to make a custard, which they then dipped into the river Styx, thus giving it a light, carmel topping and making it sacredly delcious.

Seriously, it's good.

1:13 PM

 
Anonymous iain said...

Oh, and on the topic of food, while at the same bakery, make sure you pick up some "pain au chocolat," which, I'm sure you know, has nothing to do with pain, and everything to do with calories.

Also, if you're looking for some tasty hamless street food, check out the gyro shops. I thought Dave was a donair fan, and would recommend the gyro places before I got around to it. I found a ton of Gyro shops around the Latin Quarter, so if you're hungry (and looking for cheap eats), give one a try.

2:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, where are you, hanven't heard from you ina couple days. We saw on the news that 2 people were killed in the Italy\France tunnel. Must've been a car crash right?? Cassi went best of Breed and won the puppy sporting group at the Ottewell Friday. We did nothing yesterday and we're off shortly for today's events. Hope to hera from you guys soon.

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home