Our dirt bikes bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right, they're better than yours.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Somehow there's just not as much to say

... now that I'm back in Edmonton doing absolutely nothing, that is. But I was feeling vaguely guilty today for letting this blog fall to the wayside, for some reason, so I thought I'd keep your interest up with a fascinating post, mainly so you'll keep reading while I'm in Quebec and remind me sporadically that I do have English-speaking friends out there somewhere.

So what's new? Well, pretty much nothing, really. It was good to get home and see everyone for about 48 hours, and now I'm just kind of wishing the 3rd would hurry up and get here so I can stop obsessing and leave already. I thought this summer would be a nice opportunity to relax, try my hand at some freelancing, and get a head start on my thesis, but it's amazing how being unemployed leaves you feeling incredibly bored and incredibly lazy at the same time, meaning I sit around all day wishing I had something to do but not doing any of the things I should be doing.

It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be, though. I've been brushing up on my French so I don't end up in some beginner-level class at Laval, and half-heartedly trying to come up with some decent freelancing ideas. I went out with several of my high-school friends last night to Halo, where I'd never been before--it's nice, but full of wannabe hipsters, although that shouldn't have surprised me--Chris and I saw Batman Begins on Thursday (surprisingly good), and, AND, my mom bought me an Ikea coffee table that I still have to make Chris build for me. Good times.

Well, on that note, Chris and I are heading off to a barbecue at his parents' in a little while (hence the rain), so I should sign off. Keep reading, or at least start reading again in July to hear about my exploits in Lower Canada.

2 Comments:

Blogger enthrall said...

Nous pouvons essayer de vous aider avec votre francais si vous y voulez, ma demoiselle...

(Car il y a presque trois ans depuis le temps que j'y parlais regulierement, il faut que moi je pratiques, moi aussi.)

Ou vas-tu au Quebec? Pour quoi? Et pour combien de temps? Chris serait-il tout seul? Si vous trouvez des sujets pour des articles "freelance," dites-les-moi et je les volerai.

Je deteste les instructions pour les meubles Ikea... Vous pouvez demander a ma femme - ca se peut qu'elle vous aidera!

Hm. That turned out better than I thought it would. If anyone here actually knows French, go easy on me.

8:40 AM

 
Anonymous Heather said...

Come visit TO while you're in Quebec City or I'll drown all your cats!

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home