Our dirt bikes bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right, they're better than yours.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hey! See that dark shape? It's Georges Laraque!

And I mean that in the least racist way possible.



I was on my lunch break today and saw a bunch of people lined up outside the CityTV/91.7 The Bounce building (soon to become the BellTV/91.7 Globemedia building), most of whom were wearing Georges Laraque jerseys, and I thought to myself, "Hey, I bet Georges Laraque is going to be here later."

And sure enough, on my way back to work, there he was, le beau homme d'hockey. Then I took this shitty photo with my camera phone. Neat, huh?

Then, on a totally unrelated note, I overheard this conversation on the bus, and I thought that maybe I shouldn't be sad about leaving Edmonton:

BROHAM #1: Okay, I got a good one. What would you do if, like, it was your birthday, okay? And your friends took you to a gay bar and then locked you in there for the whole night.

BROHAM #2: I would fucking shoot myself!

BROHAM #1: No man, you wouldn't have a gun.

BROHAM #2: Would I have a knife so I could stab myself?

BROHAM #1: No. No knives, no drugs to overdose on. You couldn't kill yourself. Oh, and, AND, you'd have to, like, grind with a bunch of guys who weren't wearing shirts!!

BROHAM #2: AWWWWW! THAT'S SO FUCKING SICK! OH MY GOD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also: hey, how's it going? I think this is the first post I've written in, like, eight months. BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE. THAT MOSTLY INVOLVES WATCING CANADA'S NEXT TOP MODEL.

9 Comments:

Anonymous collin said...

Sounds like the old joke about going camping and waking up with a condom in your ass (I wouldn't tell anyone! Want to go camping?).
Also, does anyone else find it strange that Bell now owns the best newspaper and worst television network in the country?

1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Steve-Dave said...

If you close enough to hear our conversation, why didn't you at least say hi?

1:30 PM

 
Blogger kris said...

I can't believe that sporty girl is still in CNTM. She's not model-like at all, and her chin is covered with acne. Sporty-girl must not win!

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Kristine said...

Go Sisi!

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Eyeris said...

Canada's Next Top Model is a PALE comparison to America's Nest Top Model. Hello, some girl screamed "That skank 'ho poured beer on my weave!" in the American version. That's pretty awesome.

And there's the part where a drunken/stoned (possibly both) Janice Dickinson man-handled Tyra Banks during panel and then fell on the floor, forcing the post-production crew to pixelate her bits. That was awesome as well.

10:51 PM

 
Blogger kris said...

I agree, ANTM blows CNTM out of the water. Sporty-girl is particularly bland though, and so particularly offensive - she looks like 80% of the girls who attended the U of A. Boooooring. If she wins, I'll shit my shorts.

10:52 AM

 
Anonymous collin said...

Still not as good asthe episode of the Surreal Life when a drunk/stoned Janice Dickenson revealed she'd been molested by her father then ran off to be comforted by Bronson Pinchot ("Balki" from Perfect Strangers). That and the Berlin Wall coming down are my two fav-O TV moments. Yeah!

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Superdude said...

Jesus Christ, you guys. Get the hell outside and stop watching that fucking dogshit.
Seriously. If my mom were in Toronto, she'd smack you upside the head and tell you to go play outside before you got fat.

9:37 AM

 
Blogger kris said...

I watched two episodes of 'Hell's Kitchen' yesterday. Mnah!

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home