Our dirt bikes bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right, they're better than yours.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Old Ottawa South: where any retard can put out a newspaper

Ottawa has more community papers than any city in the world. It's a fact, proven by a study I recently conducted that involved me living here for three months and noticing a lot of different community papers. None, however, can come close to this little beaut: it's called the O.S.C.A.R., which wittily abbreviates "Ottawa South Community Association Review" and, well, I'll let you judge for yourself:



Yes, that's right. "Old Ottawa South, where wishes do come true." And what was that wish? Well, according to the accompanying article, they wanted sidewalks. And, goddammit, they weren't going to rest until they had those sidewalks. And you know what? THEIR WISH CAME TRUE. Apparently, that wish also involved unhappy children in creepy hats who are clearly overdressed for the weather. Here's a closer view of the before and after pictures, so you can truly appreciate the joy the residents of Old Ottawa South must be feeling today. (Except that kid. That little bastard is clearly taking those sidewalks for granted):



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There, My name is Sarah and I am looking for someone that I think you have a connection to. I went to University with Suzanne Beaubien and in January a friend of yours said they could get you in touch with her for a journalism job (I think). I have lost touch with Sue and have been trying to find her for months and I am worried about her as it is very strange that she isn't getting back to me. I'm sorry to bother you but I don't know where else to look. I think your friend was called Collin? Can you get back to me at happygrass14@hotmail.com with any info on where she is now. I think she may have left Winnipeg for Ottawa or New York but not sure. Thanks again, Sarah Merrifield

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Superdude said...

I wish I had a newspaper.

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home