Our dirt bikes bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right, they're better than yours.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Talk of the Town


There's been a lot of talk lately of different cities, and the dreams they hold.
Well, I'm from a little town called Halifax on the most easterly coast of Canada.
Here in Halifax, we don't have your big-city jobs or salaries. Hell, we only have one Wal-Mart, and only 2200 Tim Hortons. But what we do have is down-east hospitality and good times.
This is the least stressful place in the entire world. Got a job? Great! Lost it? Go on EI! There's n
o harm, or no shame!
Want a job? Too bad! You'll cut into your social time too much.
So, here's my pitch. There's a journalistic void here, and a burgeoning economy (despite the impe
nding extinction of every edible creature in the ocean). This void could be filled by The Bluenoser, a new weekly publication I want to start here in this fine city.
So pack up your bags, folks. There's
a dreamworld of opportunity for you out here. All you have to do is take a chance. I did, and look at me now! I can't pay my rent! But that doesn't mean that you won't be able to. It just means ... well, I'm not sure. But I don't need to be! It's a world of choices and decisions that you can make tomorrow.
www.cometonealshouse.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

some cats are bigger than others...

Check out the BIG CAT on my "Freaks of Nature" blog.

4:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would we, like, get to write about Sloan? A lot?

10:10 PM

 
Blogger enthrall said...

I'm sorry, but the colours are too vivid in the pictures of Halifax: I like my bourgeoning metropoli full of hope and opportunity under gray clouds of refinery fumes and burning money.

Mmmm... burning oil dollars to light hope's way...

C.

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'dude, you've sold me... do I hafta grow a beard, though?

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Neal Ozano said...

You can ALL grow beards. Out here, it's no rules is good rools. And good rules is good grammer. Maybe I won't start a newspaper. Perhaps something more along the lines of a laundromat.

7:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home