Our dirt bikes bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right, they're better than yours.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Polyorchis penicillatus

Yeah. So, I just spent the last three hours trying to remember this little fucker's name. Polyorchis penicillatus. That's him. He's a Scyphozoan -- wait-- Hydrozoan medusa. That means he's a jellyfish. And I used to know a hell of a lot more about him. (Postscript: after a little remembering, I remembered that my experiment involved cutting their mouths off and watching them grow back. Cool.)
And I guess that's what I'm writing about. I used to know a hell of a lot about a lot of things. But when my three hours of searching came to a close, I realized, right as it slipped between my ears and shattered on the floor (the thought, I mean, not the jellyfish) that I had absolutely no idea why I was looking for this information. What's the point of this little guy? What's the point of looking for him? I remember thinking that I wanted to go back to BC and get out of the newspaper business altogether. You know, spend a summer researching pelagic invertebrates (i.e. boring creatures who move slowly and calmly and gracefully and never ask you to cover murders or boring community calendar events) in the backwoods of Vancover Island. Never mind that I'm not working towards a degree or anything. Hell, for the last three months, I can honestly say I haven't been working.
And that's another thing. My brain is broken, and I don't want to work. I can't read very much because my eyes wander to something else, and my deside to get out of the house is also pretty feeble at best. I'm living off savings, so that part of things is fine.
But writing makes me cringe. Or having the internet. Sitting down at the computer immediately costs me at least an hour. Garunteed. And if I go to the right sites, like newgrounds.com, a flash animation dump where new stuff is posted at a rate of about 200 new cartoons a day, I don't ever have to move again to be at least mildly entertained. Sure, I'm frustrated at the end of the day, but before that, I can sit and sit and sit.
That being said, I did do some gardening today (whoa. this is getting boring). My idiot landlord's sister (or however this place's ownership goes) dug up about 30 or 40 100-year old ferns fromthe back yard, and put them in the garbage. They're these huge, shoulder-height green monsters that fill the whole back yard with jungle fever and such, and she just dug them up. I mean...
So, to piss her off, I took five grocery bags worth of them out of the garbage, replanted some where she dug them up, and planted more in our front garden. I hope it pissed her off, anyway.
Then I took the rest and planted them all around our neighbourhood. That was fun.
Anyway, yeah. I like gardening, being outdoors, and staying away from computers. Somehow, though, my life ends up being the opposite. Who is in charge of these things? Don't say it's me. I can't remember long enough to do anything about it.
Oh, and yes, I am organizing a TV show featuring local talent and comedy and music. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the host. But we'll see.I can't imagine it being good otherwise.

7 Comments:

Blogger mike w said...

you fuck.

12:13 AM

 
Blogger Neal Ozano said...

What?
What did I say? Did I make an inappropriate comment to you, MW? I don't think so.
Please elaborate.

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Viv said...

Hey there! I thought you did a project on regeneration in Aequorea victoria for some odd reason. Didn't you slice pie wedges out of them and watch them regrow (you sick bastard you!)? Maybe it was Polyorchis. Either way, there are far better ways to squander a life than studying jellyfish. You deserve better than that. C'mon. You know you do.

Thanks for popping by my blog by the way!

-Vivian

1:14 PM

 
Blogger mike w said...

Sigh.

Um, sorry. That was meant to be a back-slapping a pal "you fuck," not otherwise. Irony + printed word = confusion.

I love you Neal.

5:56 PM

 
Blogger Neal Ozano said...

I never thought anything was hateful, Mikey. I thought it was a comment on the inappropriate thing I thought I posted on Covered with Oil. Who cares. Let's all hug.

8:19 PM

 
Blogger mike w said...

Inappropriate thing on "Covered in Oil"?

I just wrote something about keeping a Red Wings player's head in my fridge, so I don't think there such a thing as "inappropriate."

Fuck Cunt Puss AShit Fuckfuck BALLS@!!

2:07 AM

 
Blogger Nathan said...

Oh my goodness. Are all you Canadiens this funny? I love the humor.

I totally relate to posts like this and hours just melting away .

I've added this Blog to my favorites so I can get my daily value of humor. Hope you don't mind.

And since I'm kind of lazy and don't want to make two posts, the enlarged penis clip had me rolling on the floor. I also enjoyed how the guy was trying to rationalize stuffing his cock with silicone for 6 years. Jeez.

3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home